@uthor@

@uthor@

Meet @UTHOR@MB

Author Aija Monique Butler, was born in San Diego California, in 1979. She currently resides in the San Francisco Bay area where she is a student of Medicine pursing a graduate degree in Healthcare Management. She is an Advocate and Philanthropist for non-profit program development in the areas of Youth and Social Service Development. She is a grant writer and holds an extensive background in Psychology and has a host of medical certifications. Aija has a love for the arts and is a writer of poetry both fiction and non-fiction novels and memoirs.

Aija Butler is the Author of the Fiction Mystery Suspense Drama, My Nemesis a book series, Non-Fiction Memoirs, “Life Honestly After, The Undeniable Truth,” and “The Rebirth of My Soul,” an intimidate look at her walk with illness, sharing her journey through recovery and independence. She is also the Poet/Songstress of the Poetic Experience, My Butterfly Effect, and Non-Fiction Poetic Memoirs, In the Mourning.

Latest works involve freelance article writing,and an album of musical and poetic memoirs. Aija also looks to put together her first script and plans to release three new books in the year 2012. Look out for this creative genious she is taking on the world of creative arts by storm.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Masking the Issue


I started this project in my room. I wanted to give it a new look, a fresh start. I figured it would take my mind off the matter of being ill, and make me feel more comfortable.


You know your room is a sacred place. It should depict your character. My room is my special place. Each and every piece of furniture, picture and accent means something to me and my companion. Even the shape and style of the clock we purchased is a piece to our secret puzzle.


I so enjoyed creating this sanctuary of peace and it helped me feel as if a life with cancer can still be filled with productivity. Only thing is now that the project is over I am filled with the ill feelings of having simply masked the issue.


I guess I didn’t really do this project to make myself more comfortable. I did it so that I could avoid dealing with some of the issues, I had with my recent bouts with illness, and the many worry’s I have for my family.


I think it best to find productive ventures we can get into to help us along the way. Whether it be that we are dealing with cancer, death of a loved one, or change in life circumstance.


We can’t go on masking the issues. It will only make you crazy. You will be walking on a dangerous line. I think that is one of the many curses hoarders and obsessive shoppers are faced with, simply buying to mask the issue.
Seriously, You ever go to dollar tree or the 99 cent store, and buy up a whole bunch of stuff that you don’t need simply because it was a dollar. “Masking the issues,” (singing in my high pitched voice).


Take a moment to cry, it out. Wipe the tears away and begin rational thought processing. After which, there may be a solution to some of your problems. If not a solution a calm and lucid spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment