@uthor@

@uthor@

Meet @UTHOR@MB

Author Aija Monique Butler, was born in San Diego California, in 1979. She currently resides in the San Francisco Bay area where she is a student of Medicine pursing a graduate degree in Healthcare Management. She is an Advocate and Philanthropist for non-profit program development in the areas of Youth and Social Service Development. She is a grant writer and holds an extensive background in Psychology and has a host of medical certifications. Aija has a love for the arts and is a writer of poetry both fiction and non-fiction novels and memoirs.

Aija Butler is the Author of the Fiction Mystery Suspense Drama, My Nemesis a book series, Non-Fiction Memoirs, “Life Honestly After, The Undeniable Truth,” and “The Rebirth of My Soul,” an intimidate look at her walk with illness, sharing her journey through recovery and independence. She is also the Poet/Songstress of the Poetic Experience, My Butterfly Effect, and Non-Fiction Poetic Memoirs, In the Mourning.

Latest works involve freelance article writing,and an album of musical and poetic memoirs. Aija also looks to put together her first script and plans to release three new books in the year 2012. Look out for this creative genious she is taking on the world of creative arts by storm.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Short Story...

No Autographs Please…


I remember the day I got released from the hospital. I put on my Sunday best, two piece pajama set and a matching scarf. I was so afraid to leave I cried every five minutes. Having the tubes removed from my bodies orifices were almost more painful than having them put in. Apart of me thought I would die instantly if they were disturbed.


The hospital staff were lined up from my door to the entrance of the elevators on the fifth floor. I couldn’t believe the turn out. My departure was an event. I held my breathe as I entered the elevator. I started to feel pressure in my chest. The anticipation of the night air was overwhelming. I’d spent a lifetime in confinement.

I was afraid to breathe, for fear the air would cut my lungs. My throat was still recovering from the tubes removed from my throat. My nose had large scabs its nostrils that hurt to the touch. My lips were dry, and my mouth begged for ice.


This was the beginning of my life. I was so unsure of my existence. Afraid of my abilities to act and feel as an adult, added further insecurities to my reconnecting with my daughter. Now walking on her own, and mumbling her first words. I was famous to those in the medical field. I was nobody to the real world. Reality quickly sunk in. There set the pace for my earning my keep, and taking my place on earth. I was alone and very afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment