@uthor@

@uthor@

Meet @UTHOR@MB

Author Aija Monique Butler, was born in San Diego California, in 1979. She currently resides in the San Francisco Bay area where she is a student of Medicine pursing a graduate degree in Healthcare Management. She is an Advocate and Philanthropist for non-profit program development in the areas of Youth and Social Service Development. She is a grant writer and holds an extensive background in Psychology and has a host of medical certifications. Aija has a love for the arts and is a writer of poetry both fiction and non-fiction novels and memoirs.

Aija Butler is the Author of the Fiction Mystery Suspense Drama, My Nemesis a book series, Non-Fiction Memoirs, “Life Honestly After, The Undeniable Truth,” and “The Rebirth of My Soul,” an intimidate look at her walk with illness, sharing her journey through recovery and independence. She is also the Poet/Songstress of the Poetic Experience, My Butterfly Effect, and Non-Fiction Poetic Memoirs, In the Mourning.

Latest works involve freelance article writing,and an album of musical and poetic memoirs. Aija also looks to put together her first script and plans to release three new books in the year 2012. Look out for this creative genious she is taking on the world of creative arts by storm.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Excerpt from A Journals Diary

Flip the Script, My Halloween Revelation


So its just hours before the Haunted Halloween Howling, and I am just about done with the hullaballoo of the costume hunt. My children were like savages searching the party papers for costumes that peeked their interest. For about a week now, my daughter has been asking me what it was I was going to be for this bewitched night of treats and trickery. I couldn’t answer. I wasn’t planning on dressing up that is. I love to make cute and spooky treats for the kids, but I don’t dress for the occasion.

Well after much pondering on the matter, since my daughter refused to let the subject go, I began to list a few of my alter ego fantasy’s just to see what I could come up with. It wasn’t hard to list but, after reviewing its contents I found that none of the costumes were fitting. I thought that maybe, just maybe it was time for me to be just plain ole me, no sugar added.


I decided that perhaps I would ditch the old lace front and glossing lip gloss in exchange for my natural curls and CarMax. Yes the true me, hidden under the new age Hair Does as opposed to the Hair Don’t. Truthfully, I could have ditched the old additions a while ago, but the idea of hairloss due to kemo therapy plagued my mind. It does so every time I attempt to wear my natural hair. Just a psychological issue, weird maybe, seriously yes.


Well in these last hours of the night before the ghosts and goblins come out, I will flip the script. Instead of running out to get a costume for the party I will merely take the one I am wearing off. It’s high time I embrace the scars of my survival and learn to accept me. After all, I can’t expect anyone else to do so, if I can’t accept the many pieces of me, now can I?


all rights reserved
copyright by Aija M. Butler
a Journals Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment